Sunday, January 11, 2015

Fetal Movement Chart

When I entered into week 34 of pregnancy, I began counting the fetal movements of baby Hayley. Perhaps because I got easily tired then and not as conscious of the kicks as before, I brought it up to my doctor that baby seemed to be moving lesser. As such, she got me counting the movements of baby.

Having done some research, it seems that there are many ways to count fetal movements. The method that my gynae got me to use, was ten movements within a 12 hour period. I was to count one movement in each half an hour period, and even though I felt multiple kicks within the half hour frame, I could only count it as one kick.

I came up with a customized chart as I tend to sleep later than most mothers. The chart starts from 8am to 3am. So you can use any 12-hour period for counting purposes. I'm uploading the jpeg image of the chart, in case anyone needs it. Enjoy counting those movements together with your little one!


Fetal Movement Chart

No comments:

Post a Comment